- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 200 g monkfish or catfish, deboned and cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 25 g ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 2 pickled red chillies, deseeded, finely sliced
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 150 ml beer
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tomato, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions, green parts only
1. Heat a wok until smoking, then add the oil and then turn down the heat. Put the fish into the wok, skin side down, then sprinkle with salt and fry for 1-4 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown all over. Remove from the pan.
2. Sprinkle the ginger and garlic into the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the peppers and chillies to the pan. Drizzle the oyster sauce and soy sauce over the vegetables and stir well, then pour in the beer and add the sugar. Cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid in the pan.
3. Return the fish to the pan to warm through. Add the tomato slices.
4. To serve, put the fish onto a serving plate and spoon the vegetables and sauce around. Sprinkle with the chopped spring onions.
Rate This Recipe