- Serves: 3 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hr for marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 fresh beetroot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g soft goats' cheese
- 3 tsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp pine kernels, lightly toasted
- large handful baby watercress
1. Half cook the beetroot in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
2. Thinly slice the beetroot on a mandolin; you will need 6 good slices of even sizes. Lay them in a shallow tray and pour over the oil and balsamic vinegar. Leave to marinate for about 1 hour.
3. Whip the goats' cheese to soften it along with the chopped chives and spoon into a piping bag.
4. Remove the beetroot from the marinade and reserve the liquid. Lay 1 slice onto each of 3 serving plates and pipe a teaspoon size mound of goats' cheese onto the centre of each one, then lay another slice of the beetroot onto the top to make a sandwich.
5. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts around the beetroot put some watercress on each plate. Drizzle over the reserved marinade.
Rate This Recipe