- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 375 g lamb's lettuce, (mache)
- 1 beetroot, baked and skinned
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche, (or 1 tbsp each soured and double cream)
- 1 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 1 pinches black pepper
1. Rinse and pick over the lamb's lettuce, separating the leaves. Leave them to drain or use a salad spinner.
2. Cut the beetroot into strips.
3. Mix the vinegar, oil and crème frâiche or cream in the salad bowl with seasoning, beating them together.
4. Cross the salad servers on top and put in the lamb's lettuce.
5. Season the beetroot and put it in the centre.
6. Chop the egg finely, or mash it with a fork, season it and scatter it over the whole thing. Toss the salad at the table.
Rate This Recipe