- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 beetroot, peeled and chopped
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 900 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the dill cream
- 120 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
2. Add the chopped beetroot and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the orange zest and stock and bring to simmering point. Partially cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the beetroot is soft.
4. Transfer the mixture to a blender and liquidise the soup until it is velvety smooth. Season to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the orange juice.
5. Mix the crème fraiche and dill together.
6. Spoon the soup into warmed soup bowls, garnish with dill cream and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe