- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 185 g softened butter
- 175 g beetroot-cured salmon, cut into large pieces
- 175 g raw salmon, chopped
- pinch nutmeg
- lemon juice, to taste
- 4 slices white bread
1. Preheat the grill to medium.
2. Melt 10g of the butter in a pan set over a low heat. Add both the cured and raw salmon, plus 1 tbsp water. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the salmon is lightly cooked. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl beat the softened butter until light and creamy. Using two forks, shred the salmon meat and mix into the softened butter. Season to taste with salt, freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg, adding a squeeze of lemon juice if needed.
4. Toast the bread under the grill until golden-brown. Trim the crusts off and carefully slice horizontally through the centre to make two thin slices from each slice of toast. Place the pieces back under the grill to toast the other side until golden-brown and crisp. Set aside to cool.
5. Serve the salmon rillettes on top of the melba toasts.
Rate This Recipe