- Serves: 6-8
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus 48 hours soaking, resting and marinating
- Effort: hard
For the pesto oil
- 3 large handfuls chives
- 2 handfuls parsley, chopped
- 2 handfuls basil, chopped
- 1/2 litres organic grape seed, or mild organic olive oil
- pinches sea salt
- 3 tbsp roughly chopped young garlic
For the balsamic figs
- 6-8 dried figs, halved
- balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- rock salt
- agave syrup
- black pepper
For the cashew herb boursin
- g cashew nuts, soaked for 12-14 hours
- 250 ml rejuvelac
- 2 tbsp small flake nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallots
- 1 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper
For the beetroot ravioli
- 1 beetroot, sliced into paper-thin rounds and marinated in garlic oil, salt and pepper
For the shaved asparagus salad
- 1 handfuls asparagus
- pumpkin seed oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. For the pesto oil: place the chives, parsley, basil, oil and pinch of sea salt into a food processor and blend on a high speed until smooth.
2. Using fine mesh strainer or chinoise set over a bowl, pour the pesto mixture though, slowly stirring out the oil. Discard the herb pulp, or use in another recipe. Toss the chopped garlic in the chive oil, and allow to sit for 24 hours, covered in the fridge, to infuse.
3. For the balsamic figs: submerge the dried figs in the balsamic vinegar, fresh thyme, rock salt, agave and black pepper. Cover with cling film and allow to marinate for 24 hours.
4. For the cashew nut boursin: place the soaked cashew nuts into a food processor and add the rejulevac, then blend on a high speed until smooth. Scrape into a glass bowl and cover with a tea towel, then leave to rest in a warm place for 14-16 hours, before mixing in the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
5. For the beetroot ravioli: place the sliced beetroots into a bowl and drizzle over the garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for at least one hour, then lay half of the sliced beets out on a flat surface.
6. Spoon the cashew boursin into a piping bag and pipe a walnut-sized blob onto the centre of each beetroot slice. Cover with another slice of beetroot lace the cashew cheese in a pastry bag and placing a small amount of the cashew cheese in centre of each beet root slice, then place another sliced beet on top to complete the ravioli. Set aside.
7. For the shaved asparagus salad: toss the asparagus with pumpkin seed oil, chives and squeeze of lemon. Divide between serving plates, placing the salad in the centre of the plates.
8. To serve, carefully transfer the beetroot ravioli to the side of the asparagus salad, and drizzle over the pesto oil. Place two halves of the balsamic figs next to the ravioli, one on each side of plate. Finish the dish with a drizzle of the pesto oil, and season with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
Rate This Recipe