- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 4 beetroot
- handful flatleaves parsley
- 60 g toasted walnuts
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled into large pieces
For the dressing
- 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Wrap each beetroot in foil then place in a baking tray and roast for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from the oven and leave until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, make the dressing. Combine the vinegar, mustard and some salt and pepper in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the oil. Taste and adjust seasonings, then stir in the shallot and set aside until needed.
3. When the beetroot is cool enough to handle, remove the foil then peel and slice, chop or cut into wedges as desired. Toss the beetroot with just enough of the dressing to coat nicely then leave to cool completely.
4. Just before serving, add the parsley leaves and more dressing if you think it could do with it and then arrange on a shallow serving dish. Scatter over walnuts and feta and serve.
Rate This Recipe