- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g monkfish, cut into bite sized pieces
- black pepper
- 900 ml fish stock
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 100 ml double cream
- 4 langoustines
- handful of parsley, finely chopped
- handful of toasted croutons
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan until very hot and add the monkfish. Cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Remove the fish and set aside.
2. Heat the fish stock in a saucepan and add the leeks and carrots. Cook for 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
3. Add the monkfish; place the lid on the pan and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
4. Stir in the cream and add the langoustine and finely chopped parsley. Place the lid back onto the pan and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the langoustine are cooked through.
5. Crumble in the croutons to thicken the sauce. Divide the mixture between 4 warmed soup bowls and serve immediately, making sure that everyone gets a langoustine each!
Rate This Recipe