- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3 hrs 40 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
- 130 g caster sugar
- 300 ml water
- 1 unwaxed lemon, rind and juice
- 4 tsp powdered gelatine
- 50 g strawberries, puréed
- 450 ml Italian Prosecco wine
- 180 g blackberries
1. Put the sugar, water and lemon rind into a medium pan. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, and then leave to cool and discard the lemon rind.
2. Place the lemon juice in a small bowl and sprinkle in the gelatine. Leave to soak for 3-4 minutes. Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (making sure the bowl doesn't touch the water) for a couple of minutes or until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
3. Stir the gelatine into the sugar syrup with the strawberry puree and the Prosecco. Mix well.
4. Divide three-quarters of the blackberries between 6 serving glasses.
5. Carefully pour over just enough of the liquid jelly to cover the fruit. Chill until set
6. When the jelly has set pour over the remaining jelly to fill the glass and chill for 3 hours or until set.
7. To serve; decorate with the reserved blackberries.
Rate This Recipe