- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g mixed summer berries
- 275 g shop-bought sponge cakes, cut into slices
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 100 ml champagne or white wine
- 300 g shop-bought custard
- 1/2 small lemon, juice only
- 375 g Greek yogurt
- 75 ml whipping cream, loosely whipped
- icing sugar, to taste
- elderflowers, to decorate (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
If using strawberries, hull and slice before incorporating into the dessert. Red or white currants make a pretty garnish.
1. Put a sprinkling of berries into the bottom of 6 bowls or glasses. Top with the sponge.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of the cordial to the champagne or wine and sprinkle this mixture over the top.
3. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of cordial and lemon juice into the custard. Spoon this over the sponge.
5. Combine the yoghurt and whipped cream and sweeten with icing sugar to taste. Spoon onto the top of the tipsy cake.
6. Decorate the top of each glass with reserved berries and elderflower blossoms, if using.
Rate This Recipe