- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg King Edward potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g salted butter, diced
- 50 ml double cream
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
1. Boil the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, pour the milk into a pan and add the butter, cream, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Bring just to the boil and remove from the heat. Drain the potatoes in a colander.
2. Pass the cooked potatoes through the mouli into a clean bowl. Pour enough of the hot milk mixture through the mouli so all the potato residue goes through it and into the bowl.
3. Gradually mix the milk mixture into the potatoes - you may not need it all as you dont want to make the mixture too wet. Beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy and smooth, then reheat if necessary.
Rate This Recipe