- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g linguine
- 2 kg cockles
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp red chilli
- 2 medium squid, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 8 large king prawns
- 100 ml ouzo
- 500 ml fish stock
- 2 fresh bulbs of fennel, thinly sliced
- A large handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Cook pasta as per packet directions.
2. Firstly place the cockles in a large dish and cover with water, drain and repeat several times to wash out any excess sand in cockles.
3. Take a pan and place on medium/high heat, add olive oil and heat for a minute. Once hot, add cockles and toss through pan, add garlic and chilli, cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic and chilli.
4. Add calamari and prawns and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked. Deglaze pan with Ouzo, and cook for 1minute. Add fish stock and thinly sliced fennel, cover pan with lid and turn down heat to low.
5. Cook until cockles are opened. Check seasoning, adding salt & pepper if required. Add pasta to pan and toss thoroughly.
6. Finish with parsley and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe