- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the bigoli
- 400 g Semolina flour
- 1 egg
- 100 ml water
- olive oil
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 100 g anchovy fillets
- 1 cloves garlic, left whole
- 1 bunches fresh parsley, chopped
1. To make the pasta dough. Combine the flour, egg and yolk with the water. Mix and knead well, adding extra water if needed, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead again. Divide the pasta dough into 4 pieces and then knead each well.
2. Roll each piece out as thinly as possible then cut into thin strips and roll into spaghetti using your fingertips, using more flour if necessary to prevent sticking. Set aside whilst making the anchovy sauce.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onions, sweat gently before adding the garlic. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the anchovies to the pan, stir and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the anchovies have puréed amongst the onions and created a rich sauce.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 3-4 minutes or until 'al dente' cook in batches if necessary.
6. Remove the garlic clove from the pan and add the chopped parsley to finish.
7. Drain the pasta and add it straight into the pan with the sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water to loosen. Mix through and season with and black pepper. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe