- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 90 ml water
- 225 g sugar
- 140 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the filling
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 85 g fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries or raspberries
- 2 tsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Grease and line two round 20cm cake tins.
2. Beat the yolks and sugar for 2 minutes and blend in the water. Whisk until firm and creamy - this should take about ten minutes or so.
3. Fold in the flour and baking powder into the cake mixture.
4. Whip the egg whites until they hold a stiff peak and fold them in to the mixture before spooning into the cake tins.
5. Bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch. Turn out and cool on a wire rack, and fill with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
6. Sieve icing sugar on top before serving.
Rate This Recipe