- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bison steaks, about 400g in total
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- splash rice vinegar
- oil, for frying
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fermented black beans, rinsed and chopped
- 200 ml beef stock
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- steamed rice
Tips and Suggestions
The point of the cornflour is to thicken the stir fry.
You can buy fermented black beans from most Asian supermarkets.
1. Slice the bison fillet and place in a bowl with the soy sauce, cornflour, shaoxing wine and a little rice vinegar. Leave to marinate for 10-20 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Strain the bison, reserving the marinade. Heat a wok with a little oil, add the meat and stir-fry over a high heat for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and garlic and continue stir-frying for a further 2 minutes.
3. Add the black beans to the wok, toss everything together, then add the stock and reserved marinade. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and turned glossy.
4. Garnish with the sliced chilli and spring onions and serve with steamed rice.
Rate This Recipe