- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 thinly-cut sirloin steaks
- a splash of white wine
- black pepper
- 10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 25 large green olives, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- 10 tinned anchovies
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 x 400g tins canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml beef stock
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- fresh pasta, to serve (optional)
1. Season the steaks with salt and freshly ground pepper. Fry them in a pan with a splash of white wine until cooked to your taste. Once cooked, remove the steaks from direct heat and rest, keeping warm.
2. Now make the pizzaiola sauce. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli, olives, capers, anchovies and oregano and cook over a high heat for around 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and the stock, and bring to the boil.
4. Add the cooked steaks to the pan. Lower the heat, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
5. To serve, slice the cooked steaks and serve with a green salad or a little fresh pasta.
Rate This Recipe