- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the fondant
- 125 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids)
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 75 g sugar
- 50 g self-raising flour
For the chilli syrup
- 50 g sugar
- 50 ml water
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and glossy. They should leave a ribbon trail when the whisk is drawn across the mixture.
3. Place the sugar and water into a saucepan with the chopped chilli and simmer until reduced by almost half.
4. Drain off half the chopped chilli onto kitchen paper, leave the rest of the syrup to cool.
5. Add the melted chocolate and butter to the egg mixture.
6. Set the oven to 180C. Gently fold in the flour, and then the drained chilli.
7. Butter and flour four dariole moulds and spoon in chocolate mixture to three quarters full. Bake for about 10 minutes, until cooked on the outside and slightly runny in the centre.
8. Turn out the fondants and dust the tops with cocoa powder.
9. Drizzle with the cooled chilli syrup around and serve with coconut ice cream.
Rate This Recipe