- Serves: 4-6, makes one flan
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 125 g butter, diced
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk, plus 3 tbsp of water
- 250 g flour
For the filling:
- 150 ml milk
- 50 ml double cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 egg yolk
For the fruit:
- 2 white peaches, blanched, peeled and diced
1. To make the pastry, cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
2. Beat in the egg yolk and stir in the flour along with one tablespoon of water. Knead the mixture until it starts coming together. When this happens add the remaining water. Continue kneading until it resembles a soft but not sticky dough.
3. Wrap the pastry in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Roll the pastry out to line a 20cm tart tin. Place a piece of greaseproof paper inside the flan and tip in enough baking beans to fill the flan. Bake for about 5-7 minutes before removing the paper and beans from the flan. Brush with a little beaten egg and return the flan to the oven for another 6-8 minutes. Turn the oven down to 100°C/gas 1/4.
5. Add the diced peaches to the pastry flan base. Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the chocolate, and then mix in the egg yolk. Pour over the peaches into the baked pastry case and bake for about 25 minutes, until set.
6. Dust the peach quarters with caster sugar and glaze with a blowtorch.
7. Dust the tart with cocoa powder and serve in slices with the glazed peaches and a scoop of vanilla Ice cream.
Rate This Recipe