- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 rump beef steaks, 4cm thick, approx. 1.5kg in weight
For the marinade:
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2.5 cm ginger, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 pinches pepper
- 4 spring onions, chopped roughly
1. Put the steaks in a large freezer bag and add all the marinade ingredients.
2. Tie the bag expelling any air, and squidge everything around before leaving in the fridge overnight (or even for a day or so) or for at least an hour at room temperature.
3. Grill on a viscously hot barbecue or on a griddle. I like to do not much more than blacken the outside (which means about 5 minutes per side) but you, of course, should cook this just as long as you like.
4. Leave to stand for a few minutes before carving into thin slices.
Rate This Recipe