- Serves: Makes 4 large pies
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 60 g soft breadcrumbs
- 160 g sun-blushed tomatoes in oil, roughly chopped plus 2tbsp marinating oil
- 100 g creme fraiche
- ½ tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 4 tbsp flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 270 g filo pastry, approximately 6 sheets measuring 50cm x 25cm
- 75 g butter, melted
Tips and Suggestions
If you cant find tomatoes in oil, just use 2 tbsp olive oil instead.
Serve with a fresh green salad.
Use black kidney beans in this recipe, not Chinese black beans
1. Preheat the oven to 200/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. In a large bowl, combine the black beans, breadcrumbs and sun blushed tomatoes and stir. Add the tomato marinating oil, crème fraiche, nutmeg, parsley and feta. Season well and set aside.
3. Cut the filo into roughly 12 squares measuring 25cm x 25cm. Brush one square with melted butter before sandwiching with a second square. Again, brush the second square with butter before layering a third square on top. Finally, brush this square with melted butter.
4. Pile a quarter of the mixture into the center of the square and using your hands, bring the pastry up and around the sides of the filling, partially encasing it.
5. Brush any exposed edges with a little more melted butter and place on a baking sheet. Repeat to make 4 pies. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the filo is golden in colour.
Rate This Recipe