- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp espresso coffee
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 oranges, juice and grated rind
- 4 tbsp orange liqueur
- 1 tsp lavender, dried
- 150 g mixed berries, such as blueberries and redcurrants
1. First prepare the berries, pour the juice, rind, liqueur and lavender into a small pan and heat gently.
2. Once the mixture just begins to simmer, pour over the berries and set aside for at least 3-4 hours.
3. Melt the chocolate, coffee and icing sugar in a bowl set over simmering water.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
5. Once the chocolate has melted allow it to cool slightly and beat in the egg yolks.
6. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and spoon into two glasses. Chill until ready to serve.
7. When ready to serve, carefully spoon the fruits over the chocolate mousse.
Rate This Recipe