- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red peppers, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 x 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 pinches dried red chilli flakes, or 1 small green chilli, chopped
- 1 x 200 g can sweetcorn
- 1 x 400 g can black-eyed beans, drained
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- chopped coriander, to garnish
- boiled rice, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, and gently fry the onions, peppers, garlic, and courgette for about 10 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the tomatoes, and season with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, and chilli flakes or chopped green chilli.
4. Add the sweetcorn and black eyed beans and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened. Tip this mixture into a heatproof bowl.
5. Sprinkle the top with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
6. Scatter with chopped coriander, before serving with boiled rice.
Rate This Recipe