- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 270 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- zest of 1 organic oranges
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 200 g pitted Kalamata olives, in olive oil
- 3 eggs
- eggs, beaten for egg wash
Tips and Suggestions
Cook the biscotti in the roasting oven, 4th set of runners with the cold plain shelf above for 20-30 minutes or until firm and golden. Or in the baking oven for 25-35 minutes. Cool and slice as above, then return the slices to the simmering oven and cook for 20 minutes,
1. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, orange zest and rosemary and mix well.
2. Beat the eggs with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil from the olives, then mix in the chopped olives. Add the dry ingredients and mix well - you can do this in an electric mixer using the paddle attachment. The dough will be very soft and slightly wet.
3. Turn out the dough and shape into a flattish log on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment or Bake-O-Glide and brush lightly with a little beaten egg. Bake for 25 minutes or so until firm.
4. Remove the log from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Set the lined baking tray aside.
5. When the log is cool, cut on the diagonal into slices 2.5cm thick. Lay the slices on to the lined baking tray and return to the oven for 20 minutes or so until the biscotti are crisp.
6. Cool the biscotti on a wire rack and store in an airtight tin.
Rate This Recipe