- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 Cox's apple
- 1 red apple
- 50 g rashers of streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- 85 g black pudding, cut into chunks
- 6 quail's eggs
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- black pepper
1. Quarter and core the apples, and cut into chunks.
2. In a frying pan, cook the bacon until crisp, then remove and drain on paper towel.
3. Next, fry the apple chunks in the bacon fat until golden, then push them to the side of the pan.
4. Add the black pudding and cook until beginning to colour.
5. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add the quails eggs and boil for a couple of minutes. Drain under cold running water and shell.
6. Finally return the bacon to the pan and warm through.
7. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
8. To serve, arrange the salad leaves in the centre of the plate, spoon on the fried ingredients, top with the quails eggs and drizzle with the dressing.
Rate This Recipe