- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus resting time
- Effort: easy
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- bunch sage, finely chopped
- 200 g pork sausage meat
- 100 g black pudding, finely diced
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 50 g flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs, freshly grated
- oil, for deep frying
- brown sauce
1. Gently fry the onions in a little oil until soft but not coloured then add the sage and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and add to the sausage meat. Fold the black pudding through the sausage mix, trying not to break it up. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the mix into four balls and allow to rest in the fridge.
3. Place the eggs in boiling water for approximately 4 minutes, cool in iced water and peel.
4. Wrap each ball of mix around an egg and form into neat spheres.
5. Coat each ball with flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs. Deep fry at 180C, until they start to float. This means they are cooked through. Serve with brown sauce.
Need more for your spread? For fresh ideas, take a look at our favourite picnic recipes
Rate This Recipe