- Serves: 4-8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 cooking apples
- 1 tbsp butter
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 16 leaves sage
- 150 ml calvados
- 2 rings black pudding, (horseshoe shaped)
- 3 tbsp double cream
- 1 lemon, zest only
1. Cut each apple into 8 pieces, leaving the skin on but removing the core. Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan until foaming, then sprinkle over some sugar and fry the apples for 4-5 minutes, or until the apples are golden-brown.
2. Add the sage leaves and fry until crisp. Add the calvados, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to de-glaze. Stir in the double cream and lemon zest.
3. Cut the black pudding sausage into 3 inch long pieces. Cut down the middle of each length so it is a half pipe shape.
4. Fry the black pudding in a large frying pan for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through and crisp around the edges.
5. To serve, spoon the apples onto a serving plate and top with the black pudding slices. Garnish with the crisp sage leaves.
Rate This Recipe