- Serves: 4 as a starter or 2 as a main
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 pinches salt
- 125 g rice, Nanjing black rice, washed
- 165 g Puy lentils
- 175 g prawns, peeled and cooked
- 3 tbsp limes, chutney
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225 g spring greens
1. In a large pan bring the water to the boil, seasoning with salt. Add the rice and cook for 15 minutes. Add the lentils to the pan and cook for a further 15-20 minutes until both the rice and lentils are cooked.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl mix together the prawns, lime chutney, lime juice, sugar and olive oil. Set to one side.
3. Remove any thick stems from the spring greens and finely shred. Wash really well and steam for five minutes.
4. To serve, drain the cooked rice and lentils and toss together with the spring greens and lime dressed prawns. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe