- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 140 g butter, chilled
- 175 g plain flour
- 175 g light soft brown sugar
- 50 g flaked almonds
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 750 g Bramley apples, peeled, cored and finely sliced
- 250 g blackberries
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 300 ml double cream, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Try serving with half fat crème fraiche instead of double cream. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. In a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Gently mix in the sugar, almonds and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the apples, blackberries, cornflour and icing sugar and tumble into an ovenproof dish.
4. Tip the crumble topping all over the fruit and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until a light golden-brown.
5. Cool slightly before serving with double cream.
Rate This Recipe