- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 140 g golden caster sugar
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 egg white
- 2 eggs
- 140 g plain flour
- 200 ml milk
- 150 g blackberries
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Vanilla ice cream or custard, to serve
1. Heat oven to 240C/gas 9.
2. Melt the butter and 100g of the sugar in a frying pan, add the apples and cook over a high heat for 3-4 mins until slightly caramelised and just starting to soften. Set aside.
3. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy, then whisk in the rest of the sugar, the whole eggs, the flour and the milk.
4. Stir the apples and the blackberries into the batter. Place a 6-hole non-stick Yorkshire pudding tin over a high heat and add a splash of oil to each hole. Spoon a large ladleful of batter into each hole, making sure all the fruit is used.
5. Put the tin in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, without opening the door, until puffed up and golden.
6. Remove from the oven and carefully place each pudding onto a plate. Serve immediately with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe