- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 120 g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 120 g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 120 g self raising flour
- 200 g blackberries
For the crumble topping
- 100 g flour
- 50 g butter, diced
- 50 g sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Grease and line a 500g loaf tin.
2. Place the butter in a mixing bowl. Add in the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in well with each addition.
4. Fold in 120g self raising flour.
5. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, spreading to the edges. Top with the blackberries.
6. Place 100g plain flour in a bowl. Add the butter and rub with your fingertips until the butter is absorbed and the mixture resembles crumbs. Mix in the sugar.
7. Sprinkle the mixture over the blackberries.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before turning out.
Rate This Recipe