- Serves: 16-20 muffins
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 250 g plain flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 70 g blackberries
For the Raspberry sauce:
- 100 ml water
- 100 g sugar
- 1 punnet of raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon until well-blended.
3. Add the eggs, one by one, mixing thoroughly with each addition.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and lightly fold into the egg mixture.
5. Divide the muffin mixture among the muffin cases, filling each case no more than two-thirds full. Press a blackberry into each filled muffin case.
6. Place the muffin cases on baking sheets. Bake each batch for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden.
7. Meanwhile, make the raspberry sauce. Place the water, sugar and raspberries in a pan together. Cook over medium heat until reduced and thickened.
8. Strain the raspberry sauce through a sieve and serve with the blackberry muffins.
Rate This Recipe