- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 30 ml water
- 130 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 leaves gelatine, soaked in cold water
- 250 ml whipping cream, whipped
- 200 g fresh blackcurrants
- 25 ml crème de cassis
1. Gently heat the water and 80g of the sugar together in a saucepan until it forms a thick syrup.
2. Whisk the yolks together with the syrup and heat gently to 80C, or until thickened to a 'sabayon'. You have reached the right consistency when the whisk leaves a ribbon trail in the mixture.
3. Drain the soaked gelatine and squeeze out before dissolving in a saucepan over a low heat and then whisking into the sabayon.
4. Cook all except a handful of the blackcurrants with the remaining sugar and half of the crème de cassis until it forms a thick puree. Transfer to a blender and liquidise, then push through a fine sieve. Stir in the rest of the crème de cassis and leave to cool.
5. Add the cooled puree to the sabayon and fold in the whipped cream. Pour into glasses and transfer to the fridge to chill.
6. To serve, dust the tops of the mousses with a little icing sugar and garnish each one with a few blackcurrants.
Rate This Recipe