- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 chicken breast fillets, each 250gskins removed
- 4 shallots, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemons
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- corn oil, for shallow-frying
- 125 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed juniper berries
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 3 tbsp gin
- zest of 1 grapefruit
- juice of 2 grapefruit
- segments of 2 pink grapefruit
- small bunch of coriander, torn into sprigs
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Place the shallots, garlic, lemon zest and juice and sea-salt in a food processor and blend into a paste.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut three small incisions across the back of each chicken breast and spread with the shallot paste.
4. Dust the breasts with the chilli, thyme, paprika, allspice and black pepper.
5. Heat the corn oil in a frying pan until hot. Add the chicken breasts and fry until browned on both sides.
6. Transfer the browned chicken to a roasting tray and roast for 12 minutes, until cooked through.
7. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the crushed garlic, juniper, rosemary, gin, grapefruit zest and juice and heat through.
8. Lightly oil a griddle pan and heat through until very hot. Add the grapefruit segments to the griddle pan and sear on both sides.
9. To serve, mix together the coriander and rocket and place on a serving plate. Top with the roasted chicken, Drizzle over the juniper sauce, garnish with charred grapefruit segments and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe