- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1.5 hours 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus several hrs setting time
- Effort: easy
For the blanc-mange
- 300 ml milk
- 2 sheets leaf gelatine
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 15 g ground almonds
- 105 g sugar cubes
- 850 ml double cream
- Maraschino liqueur
- maraschino cherries
- pink rose petals
- whipped cream
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan and bring to scalding point. Add the lemon rind and sugar, and leave on one side for about an hour.
2. Stir in the almonds and bring to the boil.
3. Strain the mixture into a jug and add the cream , liqueur and soaked gelatine.
4. Leave the mixture to cool, stirring occasionally. Pour into an oiled mould, leaving any sediment behind in the jug.
5. Leave until set and then turn out the blancmange onto a serving plate.
6. Decorate with maraschino cherries, rose petals and whipped cream.
Rate This Recipe