- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 400 g lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed to a paste
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp smetana, (or substitute equal parts of plain yoghurt and double cream)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 8 ready made crêpes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- soured cream
1. Heat half of the butter in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the minced beef. Fry for a few minutes until browned.
2. Stir in the onion and garlic and continue to cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then leave to cool slightly before adding the smetana, lemon juice, dill and sour cream. Mix well.
4. Take a crèpe and place a heaped tablespoon of the meat mixture in the centre and wrap up to form a parcel.
5. Heat the remaining butter in a clean frying pan with the oil and fry the parcels gently until golden and heated through. Serve immediately with soured cream and sprigs of dill.
Rate This Recipe