- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus soaking overnight
- Effort: easy
- 14 almonds
- 3 dates
- A few strands of saffron, optional
- 220 ml water
- A pinch of ground green cardamom seeds
Tips and Suggestions
Instead of water, you can use a mixture of half water and half milk/rice milk. If so, use only 8-9 almonds instead of 14 or the drink will become overly rich.
1. Soak the almonds and dates overnight in a bowl of hot water.
2. Drain and peel the almonds. If using the saffron, infuse in one tablespoon of hot water for 10 minutes.
3. Place the drained and peeled almonds into a food processor along with the water and blend until smooth. Stir in the saffron strands along with the water, and the ground cardamom seeds.
4. Pour into a tall glass and serve.
Rate This Recipe