- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2x15 cm sticks salsify
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1x150 g fillet steak
- pinchcrushed black pepper
- pinch coarse sea salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- parmesan shavings
1. Peel the salsify and cut into chip shapes. Tip into a large pan of boiling, salted water and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice-cold water to cool for another minute.
2. Heat a frying pan over a high flame.
3. Brush the steak with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, press the steak onto the pan, sealing it quickly on each side (1-2 minutes each side should be enough). Remove from the pan, and rest for about 5 minutes, keeping it warm.
4. Mix a good pinch of crushed pepper and sea salt into the olive oil and set aside.
5. Heat another splash of vegetable oil in the pan and fry the salsify chips on a medium heat until golden brown before draining off the excess oil and seasoning with sea salt.
6. Poach the egg yolk in a saucepan with barely simmering water for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a folded piece of absorbent kitchen paper.
7. Carve the steak into slices and arrange on a plate. Season and top with the poached egg yolk. Arrange the chips around the side of the plate and finish with shavings of Parmesan and a drizzle of the infused olive oil.
Rate This Recipe