- Serves: Makes 1 cake
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter, softened
- 185 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g strong bread flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 2 punnets of blueberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
For the filling:
- punnet of blueberries
- 70 g caster sugar
- 70 ml water
- 250 ml double cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, cream together the butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and mix for a further 5 minutes.
4. Sift in the flour and baking powder and mix into a smooth paste. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Grease and line a 20cm loose-based cake tin.
6. Turn the cake mix into the tin.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cake springs back when pressed. Cool on a wire rack and then cut horizontally.
8. Make the filling by adding the blueberries, sugar and water to a medium saucepan. Simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes until the fruit has softened and the sugar dissolved.
9. Leave to cool and then chill in the fridge.
10. Spread the fruit mixture on the base of the cake along with the whipped cream. Place the other cake half on top and then dust with icing sugar and serve!
Rate This Recipe