- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g water biscuits, crushed
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g pecan halves, crushed
- 125 g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 600 g goats' cheese
- 300 g mascarpone
- 150 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
For the topping:
- 50 ml rose water
- 100 ml water
- 225 g sugar
- 225 g blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas 3.
2. Mix together the water biscuits, sugar, pecan and melted butter. Press into the base of a loose-based 20cm cake tin.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix together goat's cheese, mascarpone and sugar.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time and mix in the lemon juice and zest.
5. Spoon the cheese mixture over the biscuits base.
6. Bake for 1 hour until set. Remove and cool.
7. Meanwhile, make the topping. In a saucepan, heat together the rose water, water and sugar until the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens to a light syrup.
8. Add the blueberries to the syrup, turn off the heat and let them infuse.
9. Serve the cheesecake with the blueberry mixture spooned over it.
Rate This Recipe