- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 20 mins to rest pastry
- Effort: medium
- 220 g rich shortcrust pastry
- flour, for dusting
- 30 g butter, for greasing
- 120 ml milk
- 120 ml double cream
- ½ vanilla pods, split
- 4 eggs
- 170 g sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- good dash of crème de cassis
- 500 g blueberries
- 30 g granulated sugar
1. Set the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Dust a work surface with a little flour and roll out the pastry to line a 23cm tart tin. Leave to rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
3. Line the whole surface of the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 20 minutes. Use a spoon to lift out the baking beans and remove the greaseproof paper.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C/gas 6.
5. Combine the milk, cream and vanilla pod in a saucepan over a medium heat and boil for 1 minute.
6. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until light and frothy. Add the flour.
7. Discard the vanilla pod and pour the milk mixture on to the eggs, whisking slightly. Stir in the crème de cassis and leave the mixture in a cool place, stirring from time to time.
8. Arrange the blueberries in the pastry case and pour over the egg mixture, which should still be slightly warm. Bake immediately for 25 minutes.
9. As soon as the dessert is cooked, remove the side of the flan tin, leaving the Clafoutis on the bottom. Sprinkle the top with granulated sugar just before serving. Serve warm, so the full flavour of the blueberries comes through.
Rate This Recipe