- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp milk
- 450 ml double cream
- 2 vanilla pods, split
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- 200 g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 g mascarpone
- 125 g blueberries
1. Pour the milk and cream into a large milk pan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pods using the tip of a knife. Put the seeds and the pods in the pan. Heat until just below boiling point.
2. Put the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl. Using an electric beater, whisk for about 5 minutes until pale and creamy.
3. Add the mascarpone and whisk until well combined.
4. Remove the vanilla pods from the milk. Pour the hot milk mixture over the egg mixture, whisking continuously until well combined.
5. Strain the mixture back into the pan. Return to the heat for 2-3 minutes just to warm through.
6. Divide the blueberries between the ramekins. Pour over the cream mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours or overnight until set.
7. Sprinkle a thin layer of caster sugar over the surface of the cream mixture. Caramelise using a blow torch, or place under a preheated hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is melted and golden.
Rate This Recipe