- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- punnet blueberries
- 6-8 slices pancetta
- 400 g plain pastry, flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- icing sugar
- olive oil
1. Pre heat a tiny amount of butter in a frying pan
2. Place the flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the middle to crack your eggs into.
3. Using a wooden spoon mix slowly together adding the milk, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, a pinch of salt and a drop of olive oil as you stir.
4. When the ingredients begin to combine, begin to whisk the mixture.
5. Spoon some of the pancake mixture into the frying pan until the base of the pan is covered.
6. Leave to rise for a short while and then drop a handful of blueberries into the pan.
7. Pre heat a separate frying pan and fry the pancetta until crispy.
8. When the pancake looks sturdy, carefully flip it over.
9. Once the pancake is brown on both sides its ready to serve.
To serve: Slide the pancake onto a serving plate. Place the pancetta and a small amount of blueberries on top and drizzle with a tbsp of honey. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe