- Serves: 4 (makes 12-14 pancakes)
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50 g butter, melted, plus an extra small knob for the pan
- 100 g blueberries
- 80 ml maple syrup
- 25 g butter
1. Heat the oven to 110C/gas 1/4, and place 4 plates in to warm.
2. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
3. In a jug, combine the milk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and whisk together, without worrying too much about any remaining lumps. Tip in the blueberries and stir a little more.
4. Heat a cast-iron frying pan or griddle over a moderate flame. Add a small knob of butter and melt. Ladle in enough batter to make an 18cm round. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up.
5. When bubbles appear on the top, take a peek to check if the underside is golden. When it is, flip over and cook until golden on both sides.
6. Keep the pancakes warm, on top of the plates in the oven while you finish making the whole batch.
7. Warm the maple syrup and butter in a small saucepan, or in the microwave oven. Arrange the pancakes on the 4 warm plates, pour over the buttery syrup and serve.
Rate This Recipe