- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 heads celery, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 handfuls stalks parsley
- 1 calve's tongue
- 500 g salt beef brisket
- 1 cotechino sausages, (spicy Italian sausage)
For the salsa verde
- 50 g parsley, chopped
- 50 g basil, chopped
- 50 g mint, chopped
- 50 g rocket, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp capers
- 4 tinned anchovies, in oil drained and chopped
- 1 dashes of red wine vinegar
- 250 ml olive oil
For the horseradish sauce
- 4 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- 6 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- chicken stock, reduced in a pan and seasoned
- boiled carrots
- boiled celery
- 150 g spinach leaves, blanched
- 100 g Umbrian lentils, cooked until tender
1. Poach the chicken in water with the celery, carrots and parsley stalks for 45 minutes or until there is no blood left in the legs.
2. Poach the tongue for 2-3 hours or until tender, the salt beef brisket for 3 hours and the cotechino in its foil pouch for 30 minutes.
3. For the salsa verde: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
4. For the horseradish sauce: mix together all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
5. To serve: slice the chicken, tongue, beef and cotechino. Arrange on a large platter and pour over some reduced seasoned chicken stock and serve with boiled carrots and celery, spinach and lentils. Serve the salsa verde, mostarda di Cremona and horseradish sauce in ramekins on the side.
Rate This Recipe