- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 2-2.5 kg leg of lamb, tunnel boned
- 1 small jar tapenade
- 1 small can salted anchovies, rinsed and chopped
- 175 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- drizzle clear honey
- roast potatoes
- Lyonnaise beans
- lamb gravy
Tips and Suggestions
Lyonniase beans are boiled green beans sauted with garlic, red onion, thyme and red wine vinegar. If you don't fancy them as your side, serve the lamb with steamed green beans instead.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. In a bowl, mix together the tapenade, anchovies and feta cheese to form a chunky paste. Stuff the lamb with this mixture and tie up with kitchen string. Place into a trivet in a roasting tray.
3. Grate the garlic over the lamb, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, basting the lamb occasionally with the pan juices. Add a drizzle of honey over the lamb, then turn the oven temperature own to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Roast for a further 35 minutes, drizzling over more honey after 25 minutes.
4. When the lamb is cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Cut away the kitchen string and carve the lamb into thick slices. Serve with roasted potatoes, Lyonnaise beans and some lamb gravy.
Rate This Recipe