- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 160 g natural yogurt
- 4 tsp chopped mint
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground saffron, soaked in 2 tsp of hot water (optional)
- bread, to serve
For the garnish:
- 1 tsp natural yogurt
- fresh mint leaves
1. Prick the aubergines.with a fork. Grill the aubergines or roast them in a hot oven (preheated to 200°C/gas 6) for 20 minutes, turning frequently until their skin is charred on all sides.
2. Set the charred aubergines aside to cool, then peel.
3. Finely chop the aubergine flesh and place it in a mixing bowl. Add in the olive oil, garlic, salt, freshly ground pepper, yogurt, mint and lime juice and mix together well.
4. Mix in the saffron water, if using.
5. Garnish with yogurt and mint leaves and serve with bread.
Rate This Recipe