- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.25 kg French beans
- 2 egg yolks
- 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 90 ml double cream
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Top and tail the beans and remove the strings running down the sides.
2. Fill a large lidded saucepan with salted water and bring to the boil. Add the beans and place the lid on the saucepan until the water returns to boiling point. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until tender but still a little firm.
3. Strain the beans into a colander and refresh under cold running water. Strain the beans again and put to one side until you have made the sauce.
4. Place the egg yolks in a small bowl and stir in the vinegar. Add the cream and whisk until smooth.
5. In a large frying pan, melt the butter and then add the garlic. Fry briefly before adding the beans, then stir in the sauce, making sure all of the beans are thoroughly coated.
6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and season with a little salt and lots of ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe