- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes for the croutons
- Prep Time: 25 minutes including cooking the croutons
- Effort: easy
- 1 loaf of good quality unsliced white bread
- 8 rashers of bacon, cut into lardons
- 75 g stilton cheese
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- mixed vegetables, cooked - ie carrots, potatoes, brussel sprouts, peas
- 2 fillets of smoked mackerel fillet, sliced
- 1 cos lettuce
- parsley, to garnish
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Tear the loaf into small chunks and place on a greased baking tray with the bacon draped over the top. Cook for 15 minutes, until the bacon and croutons are crisp.
2. To make the dressing mix together the blue cheese, oil and vinegar into a smooth dressing.
3. Mix together the sliced cold vegetables, smoked mackerel fillets and cos lettuce and drizzle with the dressing.
4. Top with the bacon croutons, garnish with a little chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe