- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 60 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 bananas
- 5 tbsp Irish cream liqueur, such as Baileys Irish Cream
- handfuls crumbled christmas pudding
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 80 g shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Bring the milk gently to the boil in a saucepan set over a medium heat. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until pale and creamy, and then add the corn flour.
2. As soon as the milk has boiled, gradually pour it over the egg yolk mixture and blend well. Pour the contents of the bowl into a medium pan and set over a medium heat. Stir until lightly thickened. Leave on one side to cool.
3. Just before serving, stir in the mashed bananas and the whisky liqueur.
4. Spoon the crumbled Christmas pudding in the bottom of 4 tall glasses and pour over the banana custard.
5. Whisk the egg whites until they resemble soft peaks and spoon or pipe over the top of each glass. Sprinkle with the sugar and pistachio nuts and caramelise the surface using a blow torch. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe