- Serves: Makes 8 pancakes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g mashed potato, or colcannon
- 250 g raw potatoes, peeled and grated
- 100 g plain flour
- 125 ml milk
- knob of butter
- rapeseed oil, for shallow frying
Tips and Suggestions
Serve with Donal Skehan's chilli, garlic and lemon mackerel recipe
1. Put the colcannon, grated potato and flour in a bowl and mix until evenly combined. Add the milk, little by little, until you have a wet dropping consistency. Season with sea salt and ground black pepper.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat with a little butter and oil. When the butter begins to foam, spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture into the frying pan and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
3. Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Rate This Recipe